ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Vlamingii Tang

Skin: Mint
SkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond repute

gallery
Default Mandarin Eating Frozen...Frozen Bloodworms!

I put my Green Spotted Puffer into my 46 allon reef from the 40 gal breeder a FOWLR setup and was feeding him his blood worms when the female Mandarin started going a little crazy and so I watched her and it appeared she ate a few but didn't actually see it .....then I did! She then was looking around for more.

I'm happy because she was loosing weight and though the pod population was huge it seems to be fairly diminished with 2 mandarins to support. I thought I was gonna have to buy pods to seed the tank every month but perhaps not if they'll eart frozen blood worms then maybe I can mix them with the frozen Mysis and frozen brine shrimp and get them to eat that too to supplement what they can catch of the pods.
SkyFire is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
Giant Squid

kcbrad has a reputation beyond reputekcbrad has a reputation beyond reputekcbrad has a reputation beyond reputekcbrad has a reputation beyond reputekcbrad has a reputation beyond reputekcbrad has a reputation beyond reputekcbrad has a reputation beyond reputekcbrad has a reputation beyond reputekcbrad has a reputation beyond reputekcbrad has a reputation beyond reputekcbrad has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

That's great! It's good to supplement their diets with frozen foods, but make sure they have enough pods. They can starve to death when eating frozen if they aren't getting enough pods.
kcbrad is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-22-2010, 10:07 PM   #3
Vlamingii Tang

SkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond reputeSkyFire has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbrad View Post
That's great! It's good to supplement their diets with frozen foods, but make sure they have enough pods. They can starve to death when eating frozen if they aren't getting enough pods.
Thanks
I'll keep that in mind, but this way I think I can just buy pods every other month or so.
My little 10 gal. fuge is still not connected so need to add some there too. Its pod population is low to none, guess the macro I added had none & since all the sand and rock is base so it had none as well.

Last edited by SkyFire; 06-23-2010 at 05:24 AM.
SkyFire is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!