Mandarin Eating Frozen...Frozen Bloodworms!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by SkyFire, Jun 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

I put my Green Spotted Puffer into my 46 allon reef from the 40 gal breeder a FOWLR setup and was feeding him his blood worms when the female Mandarin started going a little crazy and so I watched her and it appeared she ate a few but didn't actually see it .....then I did! She then was looking around for more.

I'm happy because she was loosing weight and though the pod population was huge it seems to be fairly diminished with 2 mandarins to support. I thought I was gonna have to buy pods to seed the tank every month but perhaps not if they'll eart frozen blood worms then maybe I can mix them with the frozen Mysis and frozen brine shrimp and get them to eat that too to supplement what they can catch of the pods.

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

That's great! It's good to supplement their diets with frozen foods, but make sure they have enough pods. They can starve to death when eating frozen if they aren't getting enough pods.

4. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Thanks
    I'll keep that in mind, but this way I think I can just buy pods every other month or so.
    My little 10 gal. fuge is still not connected so need to add some there too. Its pod population is low to none, guess the macro I added had none & since all the sand and rock is base so it had none as well.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010