JBJ 6 gallon nano cube

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by pecco22, Nov 15, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pecco22

pecco22 Peppermint Shrimp

I have seen these JBJ 6 gallon nano cubes listed on ebay and other sites. was just wondering what everyone opinion is about the small SW setups? can they really work? do they require all the same equipment..such as skimmers? I was considering getting one for an office space but want to do it right. any thoughts and opinions would be great.

2. Click Here!

3. coloradoReef

coloradoReef 3reef Sponsor

We have one and it doesn't have a protein skimmer. We have a clown a watchman goby, pistol shrimp, coral banded shrimp and snails. It is easy to take care of. Its nice because you can buy a 15 dollar frag and makes a big difference:). If I buy a 15 dollar frag for my 265G you have a hard time even seeing it!

Very easy IMO to keep care- The lighting isn't the best on the stock system nothing would really grow. We just changed to LED lighting so we are super excited to see how it works.

4. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I agree, they can be very easy and very rewarding to have. With some regular water changes they shouldn't be too hard to keep up with.