I've Got Pods!!!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by sweetriden76, Mar 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sweetriden76

sweetriden76 Coral Banded Shrimp

Im very excited cause I just spotted at least 100 or so pods on my glass crawling around, I didnt see them before, little white guys, could this be cause they just hatched today, I had some larger pod type things hitchhike in on my first piece of coral...the tank is 2 months old at most, But everything I have read say thats a good sign...oh and its my first reef tank, I'm sure I seem over excited so thats why, a sign I'm at least doing something right...

2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Welcome to the wonderful world of aquaria. Thats nothing, wait until you start buying corals and spot hitchhikers.

4. sweetriden76

sweetriden76 Coral Banded Shrimp

I have gotten some new corals, found two bristlworms but I couldnt positively ID them so I removed them...could be more though...

5. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Cool on pods. Sign of healthy tank. May you have many more.

Fun to watch at night with flashlight.

Hopefully you got rid of worms. Some like them in tank. I don't.

Good Luck!

6. jcdillin

jcdillin Spaghetti Worm

Congrats! I'm going throught the same thing, my tank and refugium are full of them. I sometimes put 2 or 3 tiny pieces of food in the refugium just to watch them attack it.

7. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Congrats on C'pods, as its been said "sign of a healthy tank" all three of my tanks had explosion when first set up. Died back some in subsequent weeks but still plenty to go around...

Having a few worms a good thing, helps keep tank clean. To many worms bad thing though, usually sign of over feeding and a real PITA to get rid of.

I have bunches in my fudge's but try and keep them out of tank. Nuke all the ones I see when I can. Found that a turkey baster with the hole closed up a little bit a great worm remover. you can Sneak up on them and suck them right up! Although I spotted my 6 line pulling one out of a hole in a rock the other day! I wondered why I had not seen any in that tank for a while ....