How to get super glue from gold jewelry?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Share-Reef, Apr 11, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Share-Reef

Share-Reef Astrea Snail

This morning I was trying to super glue my frag plug to a rock. Apparently, the water from the rock made the super glue run down the side. Before I realized it, the glue had made it to my wedding band and engagement ring. I put the rock down and ran to the sink to get some soap and get the two off. The bands didn't glue together, but needless to say there is super glue all over the inside and outside of the bands. I let it dry because it was just turning into a gooey mess when it was wet. Now my question is how do I get this off without ruining my rings? I tried gently using a butter knife to scrape most of it off. I still have a thin layer that feels very annoying when wearing.

PLEASE help!!!! Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. TROYBOY84

TROYBOY84 Feather Duster

bring it to a jewelery store and have them steam clean it. should come rite off and most likley wont cost a thing.

4. Strickland_673

Strickland_673 Fire Shrimp

I had the same thing happen to a ring.....I used an IRON on full steam and just steamed the hell out of it......and then scraped it off with a toothpick!

hope it works

5. Share-Reef

Share-Reef Astrea Snail

Thanks Strickland...I will try your option first.I wanted to get it fixed before my husband's wakes up. :p I am sure he would be upset :-[ and I certainly don't want that. If all else fails I will take it to a jewelry store.

6. Strickland_673

7. iamsickofitall

iamsickofitall Plankton

nail polish remover and a toothbrush should do you well...acetone based would be best and a soft bristle toothbrush shouldn't damage the metal

8. Click Here!

9. Strickland_673

Let us know how you make out!!