ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2009, 06:00 AM
Astrea Snail

Skin: Mint
Share-Reef is moving on up!

gallery
Exclamation How to get super glue from gold jewelry?

This morning I was trying to super glue my frag plug to a rock. Apparently, the water from the rock made the super glue run down the side. Before I realized it, the glue had made it to my wedding band and engagement ring. I put the rock down and ran to the sink to get some soap and get the two off. The bands didn't glue together, but needless to say there is super glue all over the inside and outside of the bands. I let it dry because it was just turning into a gooey mess when it was wet. Now my question is how do I get this off without ruining my rings? I tried gently using a butter knife to scrape most of it off. I still have a thin layer that feels very annoying when wearing.

PLEASE help!!!! Thanks
Share-Reef is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 04-11-2009, 06:12 AM   #2
Feather Duster

TROYBOY84 has a reputation beyond reputeTROYBOY84 has a reputation beyond reputeTROYBOY84 has a reputation beyond reputeTROYBOY84 has a reputation beyond reputeTROYBOY84 has a reputation beyond reputeTROYBOY84 has a reputation beyond reputeTROYBOY84 has a reputation beyond reputeTROYBOY84 has a reputation beyond reputeTROYBOY84 has a reputation beyond reputeTROYBOY84 has a reputation beyond reputeTROYBOY84 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

bring it to a jewelery store and have them steam clean it. should come rite off and most likley wont cost a thing.
TROYBOY84 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-11-2009, 06:30 AM   #3
Fire Shrimp

Skin: Dark
Strickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

I had the same thing happen to a ring.....I used an IRON on full steam and just steamed the hell out of it......and then scraped it off with a toothpick!

hope it works
Strickland_673 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-11-2009, 06:39 AM   #4
Astrea Snail

Share-Reef is moving on up!

gallery

Thanks Strickland...I will try your option first.I wanted to get it fixed before my husband's wakes up. I am sure he would be upset and I certainly don't want that. If all else fails I will take it to a jewelry store.
Share-Reef is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-11-2009, 06:39 AM   #5
Fire Shrimp

Strickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond reputeStrickland_673 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Good luck!!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 06:44 AM   #6
Plankton

iamsickofitall is moving on up!

gallery

nail polish remover and a toothbrush should do you well...acetone based would be best and a soft bristle toothbrush shouldn't damage the metal
iamsickofitall is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-11-2009, 06:47 AM   #7
Fire Shrimp

gallery

Let us know how you make out!!

Click Here!