How the Georgia Aquarium Works

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by inwall75, Jan 25, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. Reefer Madness

Reefer Madness Astrea Snail

So does anyone from the georgia area know of a good cheap hotel i can stay at

4. APC

APC Gigas Clam

I have posted on this aquarium before...and will continue to boast about how awesome it is! I took my daughter down there again this past Monday. It is simply amazing. Beyond description. Caroline and I were sitting in a Port Hole window in the ocean voyager tank (The port hole has a 7 foot diameter, and it is concaved so that you can actually sit inside it and be surrounded by water on 3 sides). While sitting there, the 25 foot whale shark swam directly over our head. It was surrounded by no less then 1000 yellow jacks. It is simply beyond belief and beyond description. I am a total aquarium geek and this is like nothing I have ever seen before. The size, the species, the overall experience are all bar none. going in the ocean tank exibit is like scuba diving in the open ocean..the volume of water is enormous, and the fish are amazing. You have got to check it out!!

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Fantastic article. Very interesting! Thanks Curtis.

6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Did you see the protein skimmer in the article? I want one of those. :)

7. mirosh

mirosh Feather Duster

I am moving to Atlanta in 2 days and CANNOT wait to get to the aquarium!

-Mike

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yeah. It sure looks amazing. Take pics Mike! Or videos and I'll put them on the site! ;) :)

I recall the pump clearly. That was a monster! I think I need another look now.

10. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

Impressive site that is the biggest skimmer I havee ever seen and just think only 218 pumps and the lights the electric bill has to be rediculous. Very nice though