How To Drill A Glass Tank - Great New 3reef Article

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Matt Rogers, Jan 12, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hi all -

I just wanted to point out a great new 3reef article - Drilling a Glass Tank. It is a great introduction (with pics!) on how to drill a glass tank.

Many thanks to Rustynuts for contributing to 3reef's article library! :thumb_up:

If you would like to contribute to 3reef by writing an original article on reefkeeping, you will receive:

- A 3reef Contributor Badge in your profile:
    [​IMG]

- 100 karma for your effort!

- Fame and fortune! Ok, maybe not. But 3reefers will thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge. :)

To learn more read this.

You may access the 3reef articles library in the left nav bar and from the homepage. The link is 3reef Articles.

Thanks again to Rusty and to all 3reefers that have contributed. Original content is really needed on 3reef. If you think you have a one or more page article in you, by all means, go at it by pressing the 'new thread' button on the article index and send me the link. And thank you!! It is appreciated.

Sincerely,

matt

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  2. Click Here!

3. Solsjealous

Solsjealous Astrea Snail

I wish I had a guide plate when I drilled mine.... I had to use a press

4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

For a guide just take a PVC coupling and with the glass bit drill out the center stop in the coupling works great and I use plumbers putty to make a Dam ring around the drill hole and fill it with cooking oil or 3&1 oil or light motor oil will add lots of holes to the bits life and works better as it won't get dry from heat. But it will still need a backing just to keep the glass from dropping through and cracking the other side.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2007
  5. bouraganes

bouraganes Peppermint Shrimp

Nice article rustynuts thanks!