Has Any1 Used This Product Before?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by lunatik_69, Jan 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Has anyone ever used Seachem's de*nitrate before? Does it work?

2. Click Here!

3. diggardens

diggardens Feather Duster

I just ordered some and the phosguard too. They will be here Tuesday. Going to give it a try since I like other Seachem products.

4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I have it already for about two weeks and haven't seen any change in my no3 level. But I did put it in a fine mess bag and threw it the sump part of the wet/dry. Today I took the other half of the rocks and placed it in the filter pad in the wet/dry where it gets a good flow of water through it. We'll see if this helps any.

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

BTW, is your diy coil denitrator working for you? How long have you had it running?

6. diggardens

diggardens Feather Duster

It is hard to regulate the flow. Not sure if I did it right. I made it a couple months ago but hooked it up a month ago. I haven't noticed any change so I ordered the de*nitrate to help me out. I'm thinking of just chucking the coil.

7. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I also made one and had a problem with flow, at least with the 1/4" hose that was recomm. I also saw no positive effects. Maybe I made it wrong, who knows?