Haitian Uncured Life Rock?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Blade_Runner, Dec 22, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

Hi,

Does anyone have this in their tank? I've only seen Figi rock. I saw a good write up and a place that I've used before with good success will ship me 150 lbs for a total of $425.

Thanks,

Bruce

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The pic on ebay looked interesting. But for that kind of cash, I'd sure like to see some first. Keep fishing before you pull that trigger!

4. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

Yeah, I know. I have purchased from them in the past and have been 100% satisfied, but...

On the other hand, I get almost more 50% rock for the same outlay vs. my best price from lfs and to be frank I have not been stunned by the quality of the local low cost rock.

Decisions decisions decisions... I may back off and purchase a smaller quantity and if I like it add more.

BTW, I wasn't aware of anything in this hobby that didn't hur't the old pocket book. ;)

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Smaller quanity first sounds safe.

I always go for porous rock over pretty rock as it is really supposed to be a filter first. Hard to tell from the ebay pic what that is.

6. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

I dragged up some articles on it. It is supposed to be much lighter and more porous than Figi. Plus it's supposed to have lots of surface area and natural caves.

I emailed the vendor. She gave me some warm and fuzzy stuff and remembered me. They move over 4,000 pounds a week via Ebay and wholesale to lfs. I also checked the E-Bay feedback on prior LR sales. 100% positive with mulitple buyers saying that it is the best they have ever seen and that they would be coming back for more. I think I'm going to throw the dice on at least 100 lb.

Thanks for the advise. I'll be sure to post picures and feedback.

Bruce

7. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Cool beans Bruce! Glad to hear that it is a good source. What are the average bid prices for the rock?

8. Click Here!

9. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

They just are doing "buy it now". You can email for larger quantities and the price drops further. 150 lb = $425 and 200 = $550 delivered.

10. beaverspork

beaverspork Astrea Snail

check out etropicals.com... I got 40 lbs of hatian uncured for 100.00 and it is good stuff. lots of feather dusters etc. For 300.00 you could get 120 lbs from a reputable dealer.

11. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

12. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

[quote author=beaverspork link=board=General;num=1103732381;start=0#7 date=12/23/04 at 20:57:40]check out etropicals.com... I got 40 lbs of hatian uncured for 100.00 and it is good stuff. lots of feather dusters etc. For 300.00 you could get 120 lbs from a reputable dealer.[/quote]

I did, when they added shipping to Chgo it was more. (Knocking on wood) I've bought from these guys before and they have been good to me, plus the have great feedback on E-bay. 0 neg, 2 neutral, the rest glowing positive. The deed is done. I should have the rock sometime next week. I'll be sure to post up.