got hit by the Urchin : /

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by lillys Grandad, Jun 5, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

been hit before but this time, yesterday, went right through the glove, I was not able to remove all the spine...and today it is very sore...never that issue before..I just removed them, cleaned them, and all good the following day....but this time it is still down in my finger ..and this morning very sore...I am soaking in vinegar...any thing else to do?:( this sux..two times in two days..same finger...first time, sunday, right below fingernail..ouch...this time, top of first knuckle, right hand, so its a bear trying to dig it out.

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Damn dude, that doesn't sound like fun at all. I got hit decent last week but not that bad! Hope ya get it out! Good luck

1 person likes this.
  4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

You might want to consider some over the counter Triple Antibiotic cream if you have no allergies to antibiotics.

Just keep a good eye on it and get appropriate medical consult should you see an increase in redness, swell and drainage from the puncture sites, also watch for increased pain to the area.

I have done this once or twice while diving. Some spine were so deep that I was unable to remove them or seek medical attention because of the region I was diving it. My body eventually just absorbed the spine tips with no adverse reaction.

1 person likes this.
  5. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

1 person likes this.
  6. Nu-Nu

Nu-Nu Bubble Tip Anemone

Dang dude! That must really hurt! I guess i would try some rubbing alcohol or something! Hope you feel better!

1 person likes this.
  7. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

cool...thanks..The vinegar seems to help..but I got an interview this morning...not a suitable cologne ! lol :)
    its not terrible...and I believe it will be fine...its just two in a row and not being able to remove all of either that had me most concerned...and the lingering soreness.. but off I go with band aid and ointment (had some antibiotic stuff)..will keep an eye on it as advised.. Thanx again...as always. : )

I just needed a pat on the head..and to hear it will be fine..LOL ; )

8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I'll give ya a sucker for being a big boy ;)

1 person likes this.
  10. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

If you make it through this, we will all pitch in and buy you this shirt.. ;)

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. Nu-Nu

Nu-Nu Bubble Tip Anemone

Haha! That was funny biocube, i will pitch in for sure! Haha

12. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid