The Fish Store and More?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by APC, Jan 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. APC

APC Gigas Clam

Okay, Random question for any Atlanta based reefers. Any idea what happend to "The Fish Store and More" in buckhead? I was down that way the other day, and was going to stop in to see what they had, and it was gone. That place had been in business for like 20 years. Just curious if anyone knows.

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

I remember that place being open the last time I went thru Buckhead, but that's been like a year ago..... wonder why it closed:confused::confused::confused:

4. Nemo 22

Nemo 22 Coral Banded Shrimp

because the both of you werent going to pump up there cash flow.lol jk

5. APC

APC Gigas Clam

My guess is because their prices were out of sight...but everything in Buckhead is expensive...they survivied a long time though. It was a pretty neat store...

6. APC

APC Gigas Clam

Update....looks like they moved up to Sandy Springs off of Roswell Road....they have not updated their web site yet though...anyway...just wanted to close the loop.

7. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

:laugh5:

8. Click Here!

9. jimw369

jimw369 Fire Shrimp

I was there about 3 mos ago and saw that it had closed. Dont know why. I am going to an ARC meeting this next teusday eve and Ill ask there. Some one is sure to know why they closed.

By the way...the ARC meeting has people from France coming in to talk and show pics of Eroupean style Reef tanks. Ought to be very interesting. If anyone can make it the club would love to see you there.

As for the prices at the LFS in Buckhead they really were not that bad. A little high maybe but have you checked out the prices at the store on Johnsons Ferry? SHEESH! not hardly a coral under $100 bucks now! Id say their prices have gone up 50-100% in the last year on livestock. One thing I will say is its a very neat and well organized store and the tanks are always spotless. I guess you get what you pay for.

10. cuttingras

Anywhere near Roswell Rd or Sandy Springs your gonna pay out the butt. Anywhere north of atl is high even gwinnett and cobb counties are high.... There is a good little place in Newnan and also a guy on ebay is in Sharpsburg and he does lots of corals and other stuff You can go meet him too and hand pick your stuff If you want his site I'll pm it to you just ask:)

11. jimw369

jimw369 Fire Shrimp

Hey Linda! Always looking for another LFS to visit. If you would Id love the info on these couple places! Thanks! JIM

12. cuttingras

1 person likes this.