Dont Hate Me Please, I Bought At Deathco!!!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Executivelevel, Feb 29, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Executivelevel

Executivelevel Peppermint Shrimp

well i had to do it, i couldnt stand it anymore, i wont let them all die!!!! about a week or so ago we were in deathco and there was a very poorly fed yellow tang and two beautiful 5" nigers they had. well, they were still there tonight and the tang is really skinny but healthy, and the triggers were feeding but not enough to live long there, so, in my defiance to all you that hate that store(as do i:angry::angry:) i bought them to try and save them. i must admit i feel so much better knowing they will have a chance to survive and lead good, healthy lives. especially now that yellows are under such restriction, they need all the proper care they can get.

i was very mad tonight as they had a pair of porcupines that had ick and were just about dead, despite the fact i told the girl how to try and treat them, and a beautiful angel was belly up along with a clown, a damsel and a coral beauty, all sick and dying. i wish they would hire people that care about these fish. wish me luck on the rescue....

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Those fish got lucky, but bad many others dont share the same fate. I know they will be in good hands. Karma for the rescue.;D

4. trying it again

trying it again Fire Shrimp

Its a tough choice , wether to boycott the place on a moral basis, or to save a fish and some bucks too ( They do have some good deals at times).

So IMO we all probably are wishing the same thing, which is a little more
    expertise and carring of their employees and at the corperate level in hireing
    them.

I,m sure that the people who work there do care about the animals but corperate cares about the bucks(You cant fight city hall).

So Imo its ok to take a creature and give it a better home, then to let it die a slow death.

Damned if you do and damned if you dont:angry:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  5. Executivelevel

Really though, you would think corporate would realize that they loss a lot by having so many of there fish die, and also I bet a lot of people decide not to buy from there after seeing the dead fish floating in the tanks.... I just hate to see all the sick fish :(

but the tang has been eating like crazy since I put her in the tank so thats good, the triggers are being scared and hiding still but they will relax soon Im sure :)

6. YellowBelly

YellowBelly Teardrop Maxima Clam

Your supporting the cause. Deathco will keep supplying fish if customers continue to buy them. If you don't buy them, eventually they'll stop selling them because they won't be making a profit. Sure fish will die in this process but maybe they'll get the idea when they see a net loss on the accounts.

7. Executivelevel

They are going to keep buying fish no matter what and sell them to people who know nothing about them, Id rather save what ones I can then see them die in front of me.

8. Click Here!

9. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Maybe someone should take pics or videos of how terrible things really are and send it to corporate. I dont knoe if that would make any difference but at least they cant say they didnt know.

10. trying it again

trying it again Fire Shrimp

A lot dose die but its offset by the sale of dry goods.

Looking around the store, 3/4 of them are food,toys,cages,filters and on and on.

Thats the backbone
    The livestock is the hook for you to come back and get the supplies

11. Executivelevel

thats a really good idea, I think Ill write a letter. The people there just dont care,the trigger tank was only 62 degrees! and we told the guy there and he said yeah that is low but them didnt do anything, I didnt even see a heater in the tank at all, I dont think there was one.

12. Executivelevel

yea "Trying it again" you are right. I know I've spend a lot there over the years on dog and cat supplies. Now I get my dog and cat food from Kmart though.