Death of a friend!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by coral reefer, Jan 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I am sorry to say that my Yellow Tail Stingray who I had for about three months has died. Kelsey, as my 5 year old called it, died rather quickly! I miss the ray(friend) as my kids and I enjoyed the opportunity to catch a glimpse of this unique animal learning about it, feeding it and watching its behavior.
    I don't know why it died as everything is good as far as I can tell with regards to water parameters. My Urchin, snails and Hermits are all still doing well. I don't know if it was starvation or some other underlying issue, though it brings me sadness as I hate to lose life no matter what it is, no matter how small or inexpensive!
    I feel as if I have failed as I killed a living thing that relied on me for its safety and health! It does take something out of you and does something to your psyche as you try to delve into the real reason why it died and what you could have done differently to possibly have a positive outcome.

At any rate, it sadens me as I try to cope with the death of my stingray and come to terms of replenishing my tank and what to get!:cry:

3 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Nemo 22

Nemo 22 Coral Banded Shrimp

sorry to hear about your loss.it always sucks.

4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Sorry for your loss. That was very well written. Krama for your loss

5. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Sorry for your loss reefer... I was just going to ask you how it was doing the other day....... Things just happen, even though we don't understand why!!!!!!

6. Dador

Dador Coral Banded Shrimp

7. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

awwwww so sorry to hear that :(

8. Click Here!

9. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Thanks for the responses and regards to my stingray! I have to try to use this as a learning tool and hopefully this will reduce the chances of something else dying in the future!

1 person likes this.
  10. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

bro, Im sorry for the loss, but honestly, Im surprised it lived this long, no offense. Thats a critter that shouldnt be housed in a home aquarium or sold in the home aquaria industry.

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I'd like to know why myself. Is it the size of the aquarium that can limit the success? Is it feeding? Maybe we can all learn something here.

1 person likes this.
  12. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

maybee it was for the best , Good luck with you next endevour

1 person likes this.