Clean up crew

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by pufferlove, Jul 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pufferlove

pufferlove Plankton

I recently setup my intended reef tank about two months ago. I added my first two fish (a flame angel, and a six-line wrasse) two weeks ago. I am getting pretty good diatom bloom now which i know is normal and i am looking into adding my cleanup crew this weekend. Is this a good time to add them? What would be a suitable cleanup crew for a 90 gallon inded reef aquarium. I intend to keep a couple tangs and some more passive fish such as black oscallarus clownish eventually as well. I like emerald crabs, pom pom crabs, sally light-foot crabs, strawberry craps, scarlet cleaner shrimp etc. I need suggestions on what a good cleanup crew would be that would be compatible and how many i should get. I have no idea how stocking goes with clean up crew compared to your fish and how many are suitable to a 90 gallon tank! Thank you for any and all comments in advance.

2. Click Here!

3. offensetaken

offensetaken Montipora Digitata

Reefcleaners will set ya up! I've never ordered from them but that's where the guys/girls here say to order. They'll set you up based on your system and needs. You should check all your params and determine what's causing the diatom bloom. Phosfates, Nitrates and so on.

4. hddoutside

hddoutside Fire Shrimp

yea reef cleaners is the best chose. just ask for a custom set for a 90 gallon tank.

5. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

Diatoms are part of the natural cycle.
    They feed on silicates, they will disapear on their own once the silicates are gone. If you put a new piece of equipment in the tank like a powerhead (anything plastic contains silicates) they will reappear until the silicates are gone again.

6. ccscscpc

ccscscpc Millepora

Definitly email John at reefcleaners and he will take care of everything for you. Just tell him what you have in your tank and what you may want to keep in the future and he will set you up.

He is awesome!

7. kg117

kg117 Astrea Snail

Did u ever contact john. Interested to see what all u got I will be seeking a crew for my 90 as well.