Chromis

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by jeffreyliu838, Feb 21, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jeffreyliu838

jeffreyliu838 Plankton

I bought three (One died though) Chromis recently for my tank after it cycled, and they're not eating, as far as I can tell. Am I feeding the wrong flakes? I'm feeding them Omega One flakes. The red ones. Also, how do you tell the difference between C. viridis, and C. atripectoralis? I can't tell which mine are. Thanks.

Another thing. I think one of my Chromis has a mental problem. Every few moments, it'll shake violently for like half a second, and then stop. Is it okay? Is it contagious? I think the first dead fish might've had something and passed it onto the other one. My third one has no symptoms as of now.

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

did you drip acclimate them?

1 person likes this.
  4. jeffreyliu838

jeffreyliu838 Plankton

Yup. I added them in almost 2 weeks ago. I acclimated them kinda fast though. Would acclimation issues cause mental damage?

5. trying it again

trying it again Fire Shrimp

Have you tested the water in general?
    Water quality will make fish act that way

6. jeffreyliu838

jeffreyliu838 Plankton

I haven't tested the water yet, but I think it's fine. My mushroom are fully expanded, and look great.

7. trying it again

Whats in your tank so far????

8. Click Here!

9. jeffreyliu838

jeffreyliu838 Plankton

Just two Chromis and a mushroom. For my clean up crew, I've got 2 turbos, a fancy nassarius (I can't confirm this one. I haven't seen it in a long time), and a hermit crab. I've also got 20 lbs of live rock and 20 lbs of live sand. It's a 20 gallon. I've got a CPR bak pak skimmer hanging there, too. For flow, I've got the bak pak, and a Rio 600.

10. trying it again

Is your setup new????
    How big is the tank and when did you add all of the occupants??

11. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

As cuttingras said "drip acclimation" it can take anywhere frome 25 minutes to a couple of hours depending on the fish or coral. Improper acclimation = STRESS. Twitching rhymes with itching. More info about your tank and parameters would help also. More than one damsel not eating, hmmmmmm? Not very common.

12. jeffreyliu838

jeffreyliu838 Plankton

I left the tank to cycle for around a month. Added CUC. Waited a week or so. Added a chromi. Added 2 more a week or so later. One chromi died. Tank is a 20 gallon.

It's been at least a week since I added anything. So the twitches mean they have ich? Would that be what my first Chromis died of? I can't get tank parameters since I don't own any tests (I borrow them), but I can get them, if they're needed still, on the weekend.

1 person likes this.