Bula from Fiji!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by stylaster, Mar 3, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. stylaster

stylaster Gigas Clam

Bula Everyone!
    Well ive had 6 days in paradise and its been a blast! Today im heading to a coral and clam farm where they raise the corals to replant on the reef and raise the clams to eat. I got a kick out of it when i told the guide that we usually pay up to 50.00 for a 3" clam, he nearly fainted. Then he asked me why i pay so much for food! The reefs here are gorgeous, and i have plenty of info to share where some of our favorite corals are located in the wild. The down side is that 90% of corals are brown, not too many colorful ones. The most dominate coral is montipora, its everywhere, even growing in less then a foot of water! Ok guys will report back more when I get back to the states.
    Vanaka
    Roy

2. Click Here!

3. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Glad your having a great time.. Don't forget some pics....

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I knew I should have swapped places with you :D Glad to hear that you're enjoying your trip. Can't wait to see pictures!

5. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Sitting here in the drizzle and dismal weather of a typical PNW day...I am truly sick with envy.

[​IMG]

What does a plate of $50 clams taste like anyway?

Stuff your bags with as many goodies as you can. Especially some of that "food"...enjoy.

8)​

6. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

Thanks for the update,
    Fiji sure sounds nicer the were I am at the moment .......Iceland:(