ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Gigas Clam

Skin: Mint
Brennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond repute

gallery
Default 28g Nano cube stocking questions?

So I am planning on getting the tank for christmas and wanted to know which one of the two stockings I had in mind would be better. The first stocking would be a pair of percula clowns, one royal gramma, and one clown goby. The second would be a yellowstripe maroon clown, a bangaii cardinal, and a pair of purple firefish.
Questions:
A:Which stocking would work better?
B:Is there enough room in the tank to add a second maroon clown to the second stocking?
C:Could I add a pair or single firefish to the first stock?
D:If you have a better idea on the stocking of the tank what would it be? Maybe a flasher wrasse? (I would really like to know)

Last edited by Brennan; 11-20-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
3reef Moderator

Skin: Dark
2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute2in10 has a reputation beyond repute

supporter 
3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan View Post
So I am planning on getting the tank for christmas and wanted to know which one of the two stockings I had in mind would be better. The first stocking would be a pair of percula clowns, one royal gramma, and one clown goby. The second would be a yellowstripe maroon clown, a bangaii cardinal, and a pair of purple firefish.
Questions:
A:Which stocking would work better? Plan A the firefish may fight in a tank of this size.
B:Is there enough room in the tank to add a second maroon clown to the second stocking? I would say no because they get quite large.
C:Could I add a pair or single firefish to the first stock? No the first stock is
full.

D:If you have a better idea on the stocking of the tank what would it be? Maybe a flasher wrasse? (I would really like to know)
Might be some other with good suggestions.
2in10 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
Gigas Clam

Brennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond reputeBrennan has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2in10 View Post
Might be some other with good suggestions.
What do you think about the flasher wrasse? would you sub it in for another fish?
Old 11-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #4
Barracuda

SushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Flasher wrasses need a lot of room to swim back & forth. I had a few (one male) in a 38 before, and I felt bad for him after I found out how much (and fast) he swam back & forth while flashing for the ladies in there. Needs a longer tank, IMO. And just one male alone isn't really going to flash much with no ladies to impress.
SushiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
Gigas Clam

gallery

I do like my first stocking better, but is there something else i could add that is a goby or blennie (something that stays near the bottom) besides a yellow clown goby because they dont seem that interesting and i heard they hide alot. (if you have one and like it, tell me more info please)

Last edited by Brennan; 11-20-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
Barracuda

SushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond reputeSushiGirl has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Redheaded gobies stay small. Mine were always out & watching me.
SushiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
Gigas Clam

gallery

would a tail spot blenny or yashia goby work?
Old 11-21-2010, 12:23 AM   #8
Skunk Shrimp

TruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond reputeTruespeedEM1 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Check this section of this site out:
Nano Fish

I would look into a clown goby. I have one in my 120 gallon and its so small but its personally and color make it stand out a lot.
TruespeedEM1 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-21-2010, 05:37 AM   #9
Whip-Lash Squid

grinder37 has a reputation beyond reputegrinder37 has a reputation beyond reputegrinder37 has a reputation beyond reputegrinder37 has a reputation beyond reputegrinder37 has a reputation beyond reputegrinder37 has a reputation beyond reputegrinder37 has a reputation beyond reputegrinder37 has a reputation beyond reputegrinder37 has a reputation beyond reputegrinder37 has a reputation beyond reputegrinder37 has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan View Post
Questions:
A:Which stocking would work better?
B:Is there enough room in the tank to add a second maroon clown to the second stocking?
C:Could I add a pair or single firefish to the first stock?
First one looks ok with no more additions(fish wise)
2nd one i agree with 2in10-firefish do well in groups or just single,and you don't have room for a group(3 or more,i've always heard they should be keep in odd numbers).And the maroon clown not only gets pretty big,they can become aggresive as well,especially in a smaller tank.
grinder37 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-21-2010, 05:48 AM   #10
Montipora Capricornis

kss2801 has a reputation beyond reputekss2801 has a reputation beyond reputekss2801 has a reputation beyond reputekss2801 has a reputation beyond reputekss2801 has a reputation beyond reputekss2801 has a reputation beyond reputekss2801 has a reputation beyond reputekss2801 has a reputation beyond reputekss2801 has a reputation beyond reputekss2801 has a reputation beyond reputekss2801 has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

It seems to me that you're not going to be satisfied with that sized tank. You haven't bought the tank yet so you could maybe just go a little bigger and avoid overstocking or having to upgrade too soon. There's no rush so think about it carefully.
kss2801 is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!