My Tank Update

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by SuperScro, Aug 18, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SuperScro

SuperScro Flamingo Tongue

I recently added a couple additions to my tank. I added an ocellaris clown (maybe percula?) and a fire shrimp. They have been in my tank about a month now, and are doing well. The shrimp was sent into the tank right away after a long acclimation period. The clown was in a QT first, and then sent into the tank. I am glad I made these choices, they made my tank look more full. Will get some pictures soon.

I held back building my fuge, and will save the money for a new Ro/Di. Algae is still constantly present in my tank. And it is difficult to get rid of. A lot of it is brown and stringy. Along with a lot of air bubbles all around the tank glass, algae, and rock. I am pretty sure its not dinoflagellates and red tide algae ( I think thats what it is called?) Because I had it before, and it right now doesn't look like it. I figure something is feeding this algae, and I am sick of it.

My trumpet coral is still doing well. He is the only coral in my tank right now. I was looking to add some zoanthids and mushrooms, but was considering getting reflectors for my lighting before I get the zoanthids. Yet I am not 100% sure the ice-cap reflectors will fit on my fixture.

Ill take some pictures in a few minutes.

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

4. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

Have you tested for nitrates and phosphates, this could be the reason for the algae. Do you run carbon? Check your perameters. I have clowns, they are very entertaining.

5. SuperScro

I hate 0 phosphates, nitrate 0, and I run carbon 24/7. It has been like this for a couple months now.

6. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Hi "Scro"

Glad to see your tank coming along...

Have exact same critters in my Nano...2 clowns and a fireshimp...+ 1 yellow watchman goby (little tiny guy)

My zoo's and softies are doing great with with crummy lighting (24W). Surprisingly, so are two small anems.

[​IMG]

7. SuperScro

The algae is hard to get rid of. I syphoned a lot out they other day, yet when I scrub the algae off of the back wall. It will appear again after an hour or two, and slowly grow from there. I don't know what causes it, but it grows mostly on the back wall. I was thinking about buying a stronger powerhead since my SEIO 620 isn't very strong. Will clean my skimmer too, maybe that will help.

My camera doesn't take good pictures, I will ahve to deal with a few tank shots.