Irregular shaped tank, need stand!

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Patreezy, Jun 24, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Patreezy

Patreezy Astrea Snail

Hello aquatic gurus..

I am in need of a fish tank stand that nobody seems to sell. Currently I have my 44 gallon tank resting atop a $5 Salvation Army TV Stand. The top piece swiveled and I thought, "hey that's cool for $5..."

Well of course, the piece no longer swiveled once I got the tank 1/2 filled with water. But it still holds it. It's ugly and I want something that looks nice (and fits the tank) for the new house.

THE SHAPE:
    It's a corner tank in an oblique pentagon shape.

[​IMG]

THE QUESTION: Is there a stand out there that fits this tank. Maybe displays it at about 40" off the ground (at least). They sell the tank (granted I got it on clearance for cheap without a stand), so they must sell a stand? maybe...

I guess I can build one, but I'd like for this stand to look nice, and I don't trust my abilities. LOL

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

4. Patreezy

Patreezy Astrea Snail

Yea, it seems this style of tank is outdated and has been replaced with smoother looking curved glass fronts to display the tank rather than the pantagonal, 3-sided front like mine..

I'm looking more for something MADE to fit my tank. But the longer I look, the more I realize I am just going to have to build one. I only want like 1/2" to stick out around the tank, maybe even put a lip on it so you can't see the black on the tank, only the glass...

But I will have to figure something out to make the wood I use "look nice."

Thanks though

5. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Get out the gloves, glue and nails...am sure you will do a good job.

DYI projects are much more satisfying in the long run...

I knew little about wood working before starting out on stand and canopy...made lots of mistakes, but learned much during process.

Now every time I look at my tank/stand, I say to myself...."I DID THAT!"

[​IMG]

Go for it! ;)

6. Patreezy

Patreezy Astrea Snail

Wow! And a canopy too! Nice..

Believe me (automotive geek here, with a thing for fishies on the side) I know all about Doin' It Yourself. It's just, if I found a stand made for this tank (dimensions), I'd buy it and save me the time (don't have a lot right now).