Half circle tank

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by MILLERTIME, May 10, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MILLERTIME

MILLERTIME Feather Duster

i was wondering how you would place lights on a half circle tank. i have a 90 gal rectangle and i know my coralife aqualife wont fit. i like having a system that has the HM/actinic/and moon lights on it. and having sps will the t5 ho work for a deep tank?

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Send me a picture or drawing with measurements I'll see what I can do for you. Nothing else maybe a custom built set is doable ? Hey how did those 03 actinics work out for you ? Doing well with the corals ?

4. MILLERTIME

MILLERTIME Feather Duster

very. are they actinic 03? nice blue what is their mn? or nm?

5. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

those half circle tanks are bad ass, but alittle problematic for lighting. i think it would be a custom build. but you will probly need atleast to two 250 mh. and i would say three set of atinics one on each side of the mh and in the middle and then spread out the some moonlights so they span the tank. but that is just what i would. you may be able to find something that will get close to the size.
    by the way i am jeoulos of the half circle tank, like i said they are way kooollllll

6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

They are true actinic 03 and 420 Nm What you have was a 460 I call that grape jelly purple :) Never liked that color.. Corals never did either in my experience running that spectrum.