live food

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by zzzzzzzzpr, Sep 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zzzzzzzzpr

zzzzzzzzpr Purple Spiny Lobster

are there any good sites to start my my own live food?

2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

What kind of live food?

4. zzzzzzzzpr

well after surfing awhile i found brine shrimp and blackworms and thats what i was after.

5. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

hmmm funny thing, been researching the same stuff, this is the best site i came across so far in terms of info.

the way im going to go round this is by creating a hatchery with a 2 l coke bottle and then tranfer the nauplii into a 10 g tank sligthly slanted (i cant be bothered to place a film on any other story to make it oval) and will try to make them grow to adult hood.

HOW TO RAISE BRINE SHRIMP (artemia) TO ADULTHOOD

6. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

I've been growing brine shrimp for over a decade. I've also been into culturing a few different copepods as well as mysid shrimp.
    For me, it wasn't worth the work to keep on the copepods and mysis as my rotifers and brine shrimp are able to allow me to succeed in raising the seahorse fry with far less work than the copepods and mysids.
    This is My Page on Raising Brine Shrimp to Adult

While technical in nature and a lot more information than most people will need or use, this article produced by Fisheries and Aqualculture department of the FOOD and AGRICULTURE site of the United Nations, has the best information on pretty well any aspect of the artemia as the information came from the Laboratory of Aquaculture and Artemia Reference Center at the University of Ghent, Belgium.
    It deals with a lot of different live foods with artemia being in section 4.0.
    The information can be used to tailor a set up to a scale suitable for the hobbyist.
    Manual on the Production and Use of Live Food for Aquaculture

7. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

thx rayjay, gold info

8. Click Here!

9. zzzzzzzzpr

this is mostly for a drangonet. but the links do help more then what i found :).

10. jeff@zina.com

[email protected] Flamingo Tongue

Try brineshrimpdirect.com and blackworms-direct.com.

Jeff