ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2008, 05:47 AM
Plankton

Skin: Mint
Nazcar is on a distinguished road

gallery
Default bulging eye, containing blood

Our fish has a bulging eye problem, the right eye is filling with blood, the scales are fine and everything else seems to be ok, is this most likely dropsy or pop eye? What should I do?
Nazcar is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:06 AM   #2
Giant Squid

sostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond reputesostoudt has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

quarintine the fish asap, and begin a treatment of antibiotics. i don't know what it is but this is a good step until we figure out what it is
sostoudt is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-29-2008, 06:31 AM   #3
Panda Puffer

phoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Sounds like Pop eye. As stated above, if you can catch the fish quaratine and antibiotics.
I believe Pop eye to be TB for fish.
Chances are tho, you wont be able to save it. What type of fish is it?
phoenixhieghts is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-29-2008, 06:49 AM   #4
Plankton

gallery

It's a Lionhead. My daughter cleaned the aquarium the other day, I wonder if she injured it when she moved it from the aquarium to the small tank we use when we need to move Fluffy from his home?
Old 09-29-2008, 08:17 AM   #5
Panda Puffer

phoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond reputephoenixhieghts has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazcar View Post
It's a Lionhead. My daughter cleaned the aquarium the other day, I wonder if she injured it when she moved it from the aquarium to the small tank we use when we need to move Fluffy from his home?

Yeh thats probably it. Drop some melafix in the water to aid the healing process!
phoenixhieghts is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #6
Kole Tang

gazog has a reputation beyond reputegazog has a reputation beyond reputegazog has a reputation beyond reputegazog has a reputation beyond reputegazog has a reputation beyond reputegazog has a reputation beyond reputegazog has a reputation beyond reputegazog has a reputation beyond reputegazog has a reputation beyond reputegazog has a reputation beyond reputegazog has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

If its Popeye the best course is to leave it alone and it will heal. But with the blood in it it sounds more like an injury. I personally would leave it alone because medicating when you don't know what it is can be dangerous. See this thread for more info...
gazog is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-29-2008, 11:30 AM   #7
Plankton

gallery

Thank you everyone, I honestly think it is an injury as well. The other eye seems fine. He's eating fine and all that too.

Click Here!