What to use for circulation??

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by turbo4603, Jan 22, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Hey guys, once again i need your opinion!!!
    I have to figure out how to achieve good water circulation in my tank. I need sugestions. My tank is a standard 125 gal tank. I believe its 72 inches long by 18 inches wide by 22 inches tall. What should i use??? I was thinking maybe using tunze, or maxijets and a wavemaker.... I dunno. As of now my budget is around the $400. What do you all think????

2. Click Here!

3. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

WAVE2K!
    Try this for starters!!! See what you think!

4. turbo4603

i was looking into it, but i dont know, im kinda doubtful right now. Im still in good shape to move the rocks to place it, but the slushing noise i read about, and i believe i read somewere it aint to good for the tank, correct me if im wrong!!! What do you think CR? Should i think about puting a center unit, and some more powerheads?

5. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

6. turbo4603

I had measured it before, and it fits perfectly between the two overflows.

7. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I have one though I don't have it set up yet!!! I saw it actually being used at a local pet shop and it was awesome and wasn't noisy at all. I like the amount of water it puts out and the in and out of the water into the machine like a wave.
    Did you see the video of it actually working?

8. Click Here!

9. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

John, your tank is the same size as mine(125). Yes it wil fit in between the over flows. You may want to think about placing it on one of the sides of the tank as well. The center unit should be enough plus with the water movement from your return pump!!!
    Just a suggestion...

10. turbo4603

I very much like the idea, just needed a little reasurance, u know how it is. How bout the maintanance(spelling) on it. You think that might be a problem?

11. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Nope. The only thing that may need to be replaced is the rubber band that moves the motor. But they give you a spare I believe or you can purchase one cheap> You don't have to worry about algae because the box/unit is black so light cant penetrate inside it.

1 person likes this.
  12. usmc121581

usmc121581 Astrea Snail

I like that. I'm gonna look into it, as I use 3 maxijet 1200 and my 1200gal/hr sump pump to create current in my tank.