think this is ok for now

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by chris adams, Apr 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

I had bought my tank( in December) from this guy and he still had a 14gl biocube setup so he was keeping his RO unit. He emailed me yesterday and asked if I wanted this for free. I was looking for an RO/DI unit(already decided on one) which I was going to buy this week for my birthday but have since decided I need a chiller right away. Think this unit I am getting for free is good enough for now? Pure-Flo II (by Coralife) Premium TFC Reverse Osmosis System. It's a three filter system (carbon, micron, deionization) He also has six unopened filters - two of each type.. Is this just an RO unit? :confused:

Thanks

CA

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

its a RODI if it has a deionization filter on it.

1 person likes this.
  4. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

You can always just add a deionozation filter after the RO unit if it does not have one already, I think they are fairly reasonable, esp. considering the cost of the RO unit. Great find, congrats.

1 person likes this.
  5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Yup, what he said. Free works for me, as long as your final product registers a big fat ZERO on a TDS meter, you are good to go.;)

[SCROLL]Luna;D[/SCROLL]

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Marine Depot has a "add-on" DI unit for $64.00
    [​IMG]

[SCROLL]Luna[/SCROLL]

1 person likes this.
  7. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Cool.. That is what I thought.. Since he said deionization I figured it was RO/DI but all he said was RO and google searches were throwing me off.

Ya free made my wife happy for a few minutes until I told her how much the chiller was!!! If it was not my B-Day tomorrow I think I would have caught a lot more flack.

Also the guy is giving me some LR and Corals FREE.. Can't remember what he had exactly but I know there was some RICS and other schrooms. Picking the stuff up on Saturday so I will have to post some pics in my tank threads.

Thanks

CA