seperate fuge

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by pshootr, Apr 24, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pshootr

pshootr Fire Worm

For a 65 gal. I want a sump and fuge. I also want to fit a top off container in the stand as well. I was thinking about using two ten gal. tanks. The fuge tank above the sump tank, skimmer in the sump. Then I would have room for a decent size top off container. Stand will be about 36 in. tall. Or maybe plumb the ro/di to the sump?

2. Click Here!

3. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

i think u are gonna have to have some pretty compact plumbing nad design to fit it all. My 48" long 90 gallon stand fits my 20 long sump and leaves me maybe 7 inches on each side of the sump.

4. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I don't think that the ten gallon tank will suffice as the footprint of the skimmer combined with that of the hoses and pumps will present a problem, even if the pumps are external!

5. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Yeah, i couldnt even fit my euro reef and pump with sum simple ouo baffles in a 20 high, had to go to a 20 long and its still small

6. pshootr

pshootr Fire Worm

Yeah I guess the 10 would be cramped with a skimmer and pumps. Maybe not such a good idea. Guess I will have to go with a single larger sump/fuge. Wonder if I should put a top off vessel inside the stand. Or just plumb the RO/DI to the sump? Any suggestions welcome.