ro/di which one?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by fuzzyfish, Apr 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fuzzyfish

fuzzyfish Astrea Snail

Hey there hows it goin', I'm looking at buying a ro/di unit but can't decide which one. I am currantly looking at the aqua fx Barracuda or the vertex puratek both are 100gpd but vertex is $100 canadian more but does have a lot of extra gadgets on it any help or suggestion is always appreciated

2. Click Here!

3. Jakerupe

Jakerupe Skunk Shrimp

Fuzzy, I don't know alot about these RO/DI units and what the more expensive units do. When I bought the ones I use though I realized that the GPD ratings really drove the price up. I got a drum and figured I'd never need more then 50 gallons at a time and so far I have been ok. You just need a drum or a trash can and then a float valve with an auto shutoff.

Seachem make them with the shutoff valve so you only need the float. Mine is only the 35 GPD

4. jackerma

jackerma Bristle Worm

Fuzzy,

I bought a Mako from ReefGeek and it is still reading 0 TDS six months later. I have made a great deal of water as well. Including the initial fill up of 120 and 50 sump. It took 3 days but I think it might be b/c my water psi is not that high. here is a link for the one I bought. BTW ReefGeek is very good company with reasonable prices.

http://www.reefgeek.com/care_&_main..._RO!DI_w!_TDS_&_Flush_Kit_-_75_gpd_by_Aqua-FX

5. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

Take a glance at Air Water and Ice too, I got mine from them.

6. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

check out TheFilterGuys.Biz for sure.