reply here...

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by justinian, Apr 1, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. justinian

justinian Astrea Snail

hey folks its me agin... so my problem today is a really low flow rate... for starters i have a overflow much like donkey's, it works really well but i dont think its feeding enough water to the sump. all of the plumbing is 3/4 in. i have a relitivly small sump with a trickle bio filter deally and a pacific marine 100 skimmer that takes up most of it. i also have alot of filter meda to buffer some of the microbubbles wich is also slowing water down. ok then i got a gen-x pcx-30 exterior pump wich is suppose to run 800gph... well i have a ball valve on it to compansate the low flow and is turnded allmost off... so i might be gettin 100gph if im lucky:cry:. thanx for any insight, my gears are grinding over here trying to figure this one out.

tank empty.JPG

tank bubbles.JPG

tank stand.JPG

tank sump1.JPG

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

You should be able to get at least 300 gph out of the overflow.

What size is your sump? You don't want flow to be more than 10X the sump's volume.

4. justinian

justinian Astrea Snail

well the tank is like 5 gallons give r take (11w X 14L X 13h)the pump is 800gph