questions about my setup.

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by irishpirate, May 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. irishpirate

irishpirate Plankton

I'm setting up a 100 gallon reef aquarium its 5' from the sump to the top of the aquarium. I custom built the refugium its a 23 gallon tank and im running a Octopus nw 150.
    If i run the Eshopps PF-800 Overflow Box with the Rio 10HF HyperFlow Water Pump - 660 GPH. Will this setup be enough or too much for my setup.

2. Click Here!

3. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Hello Mr. Pirate,

If the Return pump is 660 @ 0ft., then at 5 foot head, with some turns, etc., it won't be much IMEO. I didn't look up your specs, but if it's 660 @ 5ft, without any bends, you should still be OK then.

My OF box wasn't enough, so I built a DIY HOB overflow.
    Then, I said screw it, and built a 1&1/2 in I.D. HOB overflow, with a 'intank skimming overflow' to feed it. yadda, yadda, easy to do and cheap $$!

If you care, you can see it in my short DT vid in my sig.

Good luck and welcome to 3Reef!!

4. irishpirate

irishpirate Plankton

Ok so if i use the Rio 14HF HyperFlow Water Pump - 840 GPH instead (just incase i need to plumb in 45s and 90s) and use a ball valve do you think that will work out better Also I want to split it with a Y near the top to split it and get a little more flow movement controlin the tank.