PVC Manifold Question

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by DBOSHIBBY, Apr 24, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Question guys... This is the manifold just dry fit right now for my reactors. Do you think with the way it is now (t for return before manifold) it will be ok? Return pump is a mag 24. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. Click Here!

3. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

Is that the water going into the reactors? Not sure I understood the question. I think it will work eitherway.

4. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Picture the return pump on the bottom right of the picture. At the t above the ball valve is where I will run my return lines back to the tank. The manifold on the left will be where I hook up tubing to go to my reactors.

5. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

Sounds like a plan. I would guess you would loose pressure at the T though because if your returns are connected to the T then the pump will also be shooting water through there. I would put a valve between the T and the actual return line that way you can still control the flow of the water going into the reactors. Other than that I think it will work just fine.

6. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

yeah I might try to loose the T and run the manifold inline with my return line. wonder if that would be any better.

7. Jlobes

Jlobes Coral Banded Shrimp

Technically, this is a stub-off. A manifold will run inline and allow the water not going to your "manifold" to pass thru/by and go on to the DT.

You can run it this way...but I would put the stub off coming from the side of the "t", and have the rerun push straight up...

8. Click Here!

9. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

ok I get what your saying.
    now what about this idea then. My plan is to have 3 different return lines go back into the tank. If I put this manifold inline with one of those 3 return lines that would probably be better than what I have currently? I figure the flow might be lower in that particular return line but if its better this way then that's how ill run it.

10. Jlobes

Jlobes Coral Banded Shrimp

personally, I would skip the 90, and plug the stub off into the "side" of the T. Then run the "returns" off the top of the T. I suppose it would work either way, but feel you would be seriously underpowering one of the return, as much of that line would be fed to the "manifold"

11. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

gotcha, ill probably go this route, I have plenty of room to do anything really so thanks for the help!

12. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

How many reactors do you have? is it just two or three? And does each reactor have an individual return line? I guess I'm confused where the water is returning from. If each reactor has it's own individual return why not build two manifolds. The second one not needing any valves. That line can run back into the sump or DT

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014