ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Peppermint Shrimp

Skin: Mint
pjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond repute

gallery
Default Not disapointed anymore. Apex with Pinpoint PH

I am more disappointed with the equipment I bought.

A couple of days ago i ordered a Apex lite aqua controller and a JBJ Wave maker with oscillator. Well throughout the week i received them and today I finally got to hook them up. to start off with I'm not impressed with the oscillator that is supposed to toggle my wave makers. 5 min into setup it quit working. i have it set to toggle every 10 seconds and it would get stuck and just stay on one pump. I cant be upset with marine depot because i called them and they answered and they told me to send it back.

So now i go to set up my new Apex Lite. Man its nice. I like the web feature also like the fact that it was easy to set up and configure. But them came the Calibrating the PH probe. IT WONT CALIBRATE!!!! Its a pinpoint PH probe. I bought the extra calibration solution packets. I did like it said. i calibrated the low first with 7,0 fluid. the manual warns that it is normal for the calibration number not to come up to 7,0 so when it settled i said OK and went on to the 10.0 calibration fluid. dame thing. doesn't come up to the 10.0 range but again the manual tells you its normal for it to do this. i hit OK. and it says calibration failed. I tried the process at least 4 more times.

Very frustrating to spend alot of money on something to have it not work.

So now i have to call them again on Monday and ship things back and wait longer.

Again, I use MD for everything i buy and customer sat was great. I'm just disappointed that my products aren't working.

pjracer

Last edited by pjracer; 06-25-2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Change in opinion
pjracer is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
Bubble Tip Anemone

shoebox has a reputation beyond reputeshoebox has a reputation beyond reputeshoebox has a reputation beyond reputeshoebox has a reputation beyond reputeshoebox has a reputation beyond reputeshoebox has a reputation beyond reputeshoebox has a reputation beyond reputeshoebox has a reputation beyond reputeshoebox has a reputation beyond reputeshoebox has a reputation beyond reputeshoebox has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Not sure but I think you cannot use a pinpoint probe. Read or seen something on this. Could be wrong.
shoebox is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
Giant Squid

blackraven1425 has a reputation beyond reputeblackraven1425 has a reputation beyond reputeblackraven1425 has a reputation beyond reputeblackraven1425 has a reputation beyond reputeblackraven1425 has a reputation beyond reputeblackraven1425 has a reputation beyond reputeblackraven1425 has a reputation beyond reputeblackraven1425 has a reputation beyond reputeblackraven1425 has a reputation beyond reputeblackraven1425 has a reputation beyond reputeblackraven1425 has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

For pH probes, they seem to be generally hit or miss. My tank is at a pH of about 6.5 right now if mine is to be believed lmao. That was after about 10 hours total of time trying to calibrate it, with 3 different sets of solutions, and different methods.
blackraven1425 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
Giant Squid

Seano Hermano has a reputation beyond reputeSeano Hermano has a reputation beyond reputeSeano Hermano has a reputation beyond reputeSeano Hermano has a reputation beyond reputeSeano Hermano has a reputation beyond reputeSeano Hermano has a reputation beyond reputeSeano Hermano has a reputation beyond reputeSeano Hermano has a reputation beyond reputeSeano Hermano has a reputation beyond reputeSeano Hermano has a reputation beyond reputeSeano Hermano has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

This is unfortunate, but it seems you are upset with Neptune Systems(the manufacturer) rather than Marine Depot(the "messenger").
Seano Hermano is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
JJL
Purple Tang

JJL has a reputation beyond reputeJJL has a reputation beyond reputeJJL has a reputation beyond reputeJJL has a reputation beyond reputeJJL has a reputation beyond reputeJJL has a reputation beyond reputeJJL has a reputation beyond reputeJJL has a reputation beyond reputeJJL has a reputation beyond reputeJJL has a reputation beyond reputeJJL has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

That really stinks, pjracer
But, IMHO you should change your title because it sort of implies that you are upset with Marine Depot itself, and not its products.
JJL is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #6
Bristle Worm

Trebor has a reputation beyond reputeTrebor has a reputation beyond reputeTrebor has a reputation beyond reputeTrebor has a reputation beyond reputeTrebor has a reputation beyond reputeTrebor has a reputation beyond reputeTrebor has a reputation beyond reputeTrebor has a reputation beyond reputeTrebor has a reputation beyond reputeTrebor has a reputation beyond reputeTrebor has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
Not sure but I think you cannot use a pinpoint probe. Read or seen something on this. Could be wrong.

+1 Can't use a pinpoint, Good reefing to ya!!
Trebor is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-25-2011, 02:11 AM   #7
Panda Puffer

pink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

i had the same problem. watch out the pin point probe can also cause the apex'es operating system to become corrupt, if this happens you will have to re-download the system into the apex. return that probe! aquacave sells the apex ph probes, once you get the correct probe all will be solved.

im amazed at how so many companys are saying a ph probe is a ph probe they are all the same... not true.

here is the thread where i wrote about the same problem your having Apex Lite Controller opinions?

Last edited by pink4miss; 06-25-2011 at 02:33 AM.
pink4miss is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-25-2011, 05:17 AM   #8
Peppermint Shrimp

pjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond reputepjracer has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Heres my problem. their are several websites that that sell the Apex controller with a free pinpoing ph probe. I buy everything from marine depot mainly and they price matched tb aquatics. So if alot of people sell it do they not know it dosent work?

I apriciate everyones feedback.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:09 AM   #9
Panda Puffer

pink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond reputepink4miss has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjracer View Post
Heres my problem. their are several websites that that sell the Apex controller with a free pinpoing ph probe. I buy everything from marine depot mainly and they price matched tb aquatics. So if alot of people sell it do they not know it dosent work?

I apriciate everyones feedback.
i purchased my Apex from __________, because of the free probe. after the problems it caused i contacted them, to let them know the probe didnt work with the apex and that maybe they should be giving a free apex ph probe. well they didnt seem to like what i said, told me all ph probes were the same that i probably received a bad one, didnt offer to replace it either. WELL i have a pin point ph monitor, and guess what the probe they sent calibrated and worked fine on there.
give this a bit of thought....apex themselves told me they dont support using other brand probes on their controller, so these company's giving these free ph probes that aren't apex probes with the apex units, could be giving apex a reason to void your warranty. Good Thing Apex is a great company to deal with and fixed my corrupt apex system, which happened after trying to calibrate the pin point probe that would not calibrate on the apex.

i am finding most the company's and their employees dont know much about what they are selling.
pink4miss is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-25-2011, 06:14 AM   #10
Peppermint Shrimp

gallery

couldent agree more.

Click Here!

Tags
apex