Jebao WP pump warranty?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by AZDesertRat, Apr 14, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Does anyone know what the warranty is on the Jebaos? Had one quit with about 8 months on it and can't find anything in the instruction manual or on the box about warranty. Other is doing great!

2. Click Here!

3. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I'm not sure either. When I got mine, I looked for the warranty info and couldn't find anything.

4. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

I sent them an email last night but while doing so I searched their site top to bottom and nowhere does it show warranty info?

These pumps were bought directly from jebao and not Fish-Street so we will see.
    I did contact Fish-Street and a new DC motor portion which I determined is the problem is around $30. Controller and impeller are fine and both work with the remaining WP.

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

doubtful there is a warranty. 6-8 month failures are not uncommon for these pumps. Fish Street I believe is 1 year however/

6. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

AZ, what did you fine out? One of my WP40 just quit as well. The controller, impeller and power supply are all fine. So exact same boat as you.

7. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

I have not heard back from Jebao yet. I did speak with Fish Street and they can sell me a new powered end for $30 even though it was not pyrchased from them originally. I contacted the organizer of our group buy and he is supposed to get back to me on any warranties, implied or otherwise. I really like these pumps and hope this is not going to be a common problem, they appear to be well made so hopefully not.

8. Click Here!

9. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

unfortunately I have seen posts similar to yours about failure around 1 year mark.

10. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Thanks AZ. I am asking my local supplier for pricing on two, one for a spare. $30 isn't too bad, but they should last more than a year. My other one is doing great so far. 8 months in...

11. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

on my local forum someone said that Fish street had excellent cutomer service on these pumps.

My wp 40 is still doing well, and one still in the box for the 180 set up.

I do run mine on W2, and the interval knob just over 1/2.

I didn't like the modes where it goes completely on and off.
    This mode sort of ramps up ands down the same every time.

Good luck on this and let us know.

12. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

that makes me wonder, AZ and Marshall, what mode to you typically run yours at?