Advice on selected hardware

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by K3rack, Mar 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

Ok I am starting a sump and need a return pump, skimmer, HOB overflow. I have a 40ga. tank with 12ga. sump in process.

My Skimmer choice is the Marineland 100. Ideas? I heard mixed reviews...

For overflow I am between the EShopps PF-300 Overflow Box, Up to 75G, Single Intake and the CPR Aquatics CS50 Siphon Overflow. Both are 300GPH so I would need a good pump to match that.

I have a tight squeeze in my sump area but I have a couple inches on each side of the skimmer...that should be sufficient enough for it to function correctly right?

Thanks for any input!!

2. Click Here!

3. Jim522

Jim522 Purple Spiny Lobster

I've heard mixed reviews about the marineland skimmer as well. Check out Bubble Magus. Great quality and you can't be the price. I'm very satisfied with NAC6. Matt will vouch for the BM as well.

Same thing with the CPR overflows. Lots of mixed reviews. The Eshopps, however I've heard nothing but good things about.

Lots of good return pumps out there. I've had a QuiteOne 2200 for a few years now that I am very happy with. Very quite and powerful. Check out eBay. got ine really cheap.

4. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

Thanks, I decided for the eshopps psk-75 skimmer instead.