THE MAGLEV: The Super-powered Magnetic Wind Turbine

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 26, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

There are a lot of windmill fields southeast of where I live.
    THE MAGLEV: The Super-powered Magnetic Wind Turbine looks like a cool concept as it appears it would replace 1000 normal windmills using less land. I also tend to think that the design lends itself to harming fewer birds. What do you think?

[​IMG]

"Renewable energy produced from the wind has garnered much attention and support in recent years but is often criticized for its low output and lack of reliability. But now a super power wind turbine has come along that may be just what the renewable energy industry needs. The MagLev wind turbine, which was first unveiled at the Wind Power Asia exhibition in Beijing, is expected take wind power technology to the next level with magnetic levitation."

More:
    Inhabitat THE MAGLEV: The Super-powered Magnetic Wind Turbine

2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

it looks pretty cool and i cant imagine how much power a couple of these on the great plains could produce...... Great article and the lead researcher guy has the same name as my history teacher, Ed Mazur. lol he is a wind energy engineer and history teacher in one....

4. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

do the larger normal ones hurt birds at all?? I've seen them and they don't look like they spin all that fast.

5. Reefdiver72

Reefdiver72 Feather Duster

I need one just to run all my halides my electric meter glows most of the time. I even cut back on lighting and it still costs 230. a month just for my tanks.8):eek:
    Got to wear shades in my basement but the heat warms the house and saves on the gas bill about 300. a month so I guess you got to way your options.;D

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

You should get one RP. :)

Not sure... but the ones in the pic in the 1st post do I think... they can spin pretty fast... those are the kind out here.