sick clown fish

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by TORMENTOR, Mar 31, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TORMENTOR

TORMENTOR Bristle Worm

I had my 2 clowns in a quarantine tank for 2 weeks with no signs of illness so I put them in the display tank. Now 3 days after I put them in one of them looks to be sick. I am not sure what it is, on his right side he appears to have some sort of what looks like a white blotchy appearance and one of his fins shows signs of fin rot.
    I'm not sure if the pictures show very good but what do you think it could be and what should I treat it with back in the quarantine tank?

Please help

Water Params are as follows:

TEMP 78
    SG----1.025
    Ph ---8.3
    NH3/NH4---0
    NO2---0
    NO3---0
    DKH---8
    CA-----380
    MG----1425

Attached Files:

• 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      36.2 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      34.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Click Here!

3. kgross

kgross Skunk Shrimp

If you can capture them easly, I would say going back to quarantine would be the best way to go, so you can treat when needed.

Kim

4. TORMENTOR

TORMENTOR Bristle Worm

That was what I was in the process of doing and then went to get the poor sick little clown fish and I saw him laying on his side. I cant believe the poor little thing didn't show any signs of anything wrong in quarantine before I added them to the display tank.
    This morning he looked fine according to my wife, she said he/she was swimming around fine, eating and didn't show any signs of being sick and then all of a sudden it came on so quick. Poor little fish went to fish heaven...

5. kgross

kgross Skunk Shrimp

I am very sorry to hear that.

It is amazing how quickly some critters can go downhill.

Kim

6. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

Velvet took mine down pretty quick. Brought an angel home and when she was put in the DT she looked good for a week and then one day white spots next day dead a few days later royal gramma white spots next day dead. The clown carried the spots for a few days and I was medicating the tank with Kordon ICK ATTACK which was spossed to be good for diseases from dinoflagellates which is where velvet stems from but it is gone now...Maybe velvet. It looked like that cept for the fin keep an eye on th eothers I would put the other clown back in QT for a time