ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Fire Goby

Skin: Mint
pgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond repute

3link 
gallery
Default Sweeper Tentacles

So my frogspawn has gotten huge lately as has my leather. The right side of the frogspawn is starting to get into the shadow of my leather. Up until a few days ago I have never seen the frogspawn put out sweeper tentacles before. Now, the side that is getting shaded is putting out 3 or 4 of them.

Last night one of them was 3 inches long. It moved around in the current until it made contact with the leather and stuck to it. A small sectin of the leather got stung and its tentacles retracted. It looks fine today.

So I was wondering if the frogspawn actually detected the shading from the leather and decided it was time to go to war. Has anybody else seen this behavior?
pgreef is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
Purple Spiny Lobster

Skin: Dark
GreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

The Frogspawn knew ahead of time the Leather was there. Just sometimes they tend to get more aggresive than usual. The best thing to do is seperate the two of them. They can both become toxic and that is not what you want. My Bubble requires extra space and can get very nasty if thing's are to close to him.
Ghost
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-24-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
Giant Squid

ZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

My bubble and torch are very agressive. Keep the xenia pruned back. You can tell when they get attacked, the xenia looks burnt and crispy and then shrinks to nothing.
ZachB is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-24-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
Giant Squid

Dingo has a reputation beyond reputeDingo has a reputation beyond reputeDingo has a reputation beyond reputeDingo has a reputation beyond reputeDingo has a reputation beyond reputeDingo has a reputation beyond reputeDingo has a reputation beyond reputeDingo has a reputation beyond reputeDingo has a reputation beyond reputeDingo has a reputation beyond reputeDingo has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 
contributor 

gallery

interesting, two days ago I changed my flow around and now its blowing my frogspawn a little more than before. I noticed its sweeper tentacles out today after it adjusted to this new current... wonder if its a similar response to yours?
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
Fire Goby

pgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond reputepgreef has a reputation beyond repute

3link 
gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachB View Post
My bubble and torch are very agressive. Keep the xenia pruned back. You can tell when they get attacked, the xenia looks burnt and crispy and then shrinks to nothing.
Hmmm, maybe I should move the frogspawn to the patch of xenia i'd like to get rid of. Unfortunately my Bali Green Slimer is there too.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
Fire Goby

3link 
gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
The Frogspawn knew ahead of time the Leather was there. Just sometimes they tend to get more aggresive than usual. The best thing to do is seperate the two of them. They can both become toxic and that is not what you want. My Bubble requires extra space and can get very nasty if thing's are to close to him.
Ghost
I'm running out of space in my tank. Real estate is getting very hard to come by in there.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
Giant Squid

ZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond reputeZachB has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgreef View Post
Hmmm, maybe I should move the frogspawn to the patch of xenia i'd like to get rid of. Unfortunately my Bali Green Slimer is there too.
It will do the job, believe me. One of my frogspawn I never see the sweepers. One little frag always has the sweepers out. My bubble, and torch, I would think they are always on the warpath looking for something to burn My torch fully open is about 10 inches across, so I can't keep much else around it. The bubble burned out and killed a few really nice palys too.
ZachB is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
Fire Goby

3link 
gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachB View Post
It will do the job, believe me. One of my frogspawn I never see the sweepers. One little frag always has the sweepers out. My bubble, and torch, I would think they are always on the warpath looking for something to burn My torch fully open is about 10 inches across, so I can't keep much else around it. The bubble burned out and killed a few really nice palys too.
I'm tempted to frag a head off the frogspawn and just move it around to different Xenia patches. The whole thing is too big. The chance of collateral damage is too high.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #9
Purple Spiny Lobster

GreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond reputeGreyGhost has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgreef View Post
I'm running out of space in my tank. Real estate is getting very hard to come by in there.
I understand about the crowded neighborhood, I have a Bubble Coral I am ready to get rid of. I want a more peaceful simple tank rather than all the chemical warfare. You could alway's take the Leather in for store credit, or give it to me.
Ghost
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #10
Fire Goby

3link 
gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
I understand about the crowded neighborhood, I have a Bubble Coral I am ready to get rid of. I want a more peaceful simple tank rather than all the chemical warfare. You could alway's take the Leather in for store credit, or give it to me.
Ghost
I love that leather. It's awesome. Maybe I need a bigger tank.

Click Here!