ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Bristle Worm

Skin: Mint
siidman has a spectacular aura aboutsiidman has a spectacular aura aboutsiidman has a spectacular aura about

gallery
Default crushed torch coral

I got a shipment of coral in today. After acclimation I was placing my new torch coral into position and as I was placing it, one of the sides got crushed. That part of the live rock it was on was really brittle. I wasnt even putting any pressure on it. Anyway, on the left side, about 15% of it got crushed. Is this anything that I need to be worried about or are these hardy enough that it will boune back just fine? What do I need to look for to see if its gonna be fine or not?
Thx
siidman is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 06-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
Purple Tang

Skin: Dark
irr0001 has a reputation beyond reputeirr0001 has a reputation beyond reputeirr0001 has a reputation beyond reputeirr0001 has a reputation beyond reputeirr0001 has a reputation beyond reputeirr0001 has a reputation beyond reputeirr0001 has a reputation beyond reputeirr0001 has a reputation beyond reputeirr0001 has a reputation beyond reputeirr0001 has a reputation beyond reputeirr0001 has a reputation beyond repute

3reefer 

gallery

what part was crushed? the fleshy head or the "stalk"? if it was the head..chances are that if the flesh was damaged that head wont make it..the others will be fine though..if it was the stalk..nothing to worry about
irr0001 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
Bristle Worm

Skin: Mint
siidman has a spectacular aura aboutsiidman has a spectacular aura aboutsiidman has a spectacular aura about

gallery

well about 15% of it was crushed. the rest of it didnt get touched. I tried to take some pics but I couldnt get any pics to come out god enough to get a good look at it.
siidman is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!