Angel Picking!

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Ryland, Mar 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

After I posted yesterday that my luck has turned around and everything is well......when I looked in my tank this morning I noticed some Zoas were missing. Upon further inspection my Majestic has decided he likes them and is having his way with them! He hasnt touched anything until now. I moved the Zoas to a new location....will this help?? Also I have read in places that Majestics can be kept in SPS only reefs without issues. Is this true? Anybody got any experience with this? Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

They are all individuals. However, GENERALLY, majestic angels don't mess with SPS.

5. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

I dont know much about keeping SPS so I am going to do some reading before I jump into this. Really dissapointed my Majestic decided to start picking my Zoas to pieces.

6. smoyer

smoyer Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

it may stop as quickly as it started. I have an Emporer Angel in an sps tank with some Zoos and Palys. She will nip my palys from time to time and then just up and stop, never to touch them again. I believe that angels are more likely to nip at a stressed coral so keep them health.