Shipping from Hong Kong

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by DBOSHIBBY, Apr 8, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

I placed my order for 2 WP60's with the dual controller from fishstreet yesterday. Today I get a notification that they will be delivered tomorrow!
    2 days from Hong Kong to Detroit. how is this even possible??
    That's pretty damn amazing if you think about it.

2. Click Here!

3. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Same when I ordered my 2 wp60s. I placed that order same as I did my skimmer and a few other things. The powerheads showed three days before all others shipped from the states...I didnt understand why either. But when it shows, youll be stoked.

4. TheJesture

TheJesture Plankton

I would assume its because its on a plane directly to the hub then on one truck out for delivery, versus going from truck to hub back on trucks in the states.

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

well, I'm a little jealous, I had to wait at least 3 weeks from Hong Kong. Obviously they've improved their turn around time substantially! Making all this money off us Americans :)

6. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Yeah just checked again and It cleared customs and shows delivery tomorrow still. Crazy stuff.

7. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

I know fishstreet has a warehouse in new jersey that they ship alot of the pumps from. But if it cleared customs then it sounds like it came from out of country. Super fast shipping none the less. Plus theres a whole new controller out for these things now that was posted on reefbuilders which will add a whole world of new control for hese pumps

8. Click Here!

9. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Yeah it came from the Hong Kong warehouse. I ordered the one with the new twin controller so we shall see how it is. I ordered mine from fish street a day before reef breeders announced they had them. Just a heads up....you will save 2 dollars on the wp60 kit by ordering with reef breeders lol

10. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

I thought stuff in the states was supposed to be cheaper? That same package sells for 25 bucks less in Canada, plus with your dollar being even stronger itd be even cheaper. The dual wp-60 combo with controller is 195 here.
    Dual WP60 Package (2 Pumps 1 Dual Controller) - Reef Supply Canada

11. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I've been running the same as you are setting up for a few weeks now. I think the equipment is pretty decent. Happy this far. I can pm you my settings that I have them along with location if you're interested.

12. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

I thought shipping came from boat vs plane when coming from Hong Kong...