Land shark! -Shark with webbed feet found

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Will a land shark be bringing us pizza soon? Not sure, but a Malaysian fisherman makes me wonder after pulling a 3ft shark with webbed feet! :eek: It almost ended up on the lunch table until the husband decided it would be bad luck to eat an unusual fish and threw it back in the sea.

[​IMG]

This is from 2007, but I am pretty sure I would remember this if I posted about it before!

When contacted, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) Muka Head marine research station head Prof Dr Zulfigar Yasin said this is the first time he had heard of fish with legs found in the Malaysian waters.
    “There is a possibility that the fish could have swum from other waters into Malaysian waters.
    “As far as I am concerned, fish species with legs or bony fins can only be discovered in the waters of North Sulawesi in Indonesia or South Africa,” he said.

source: http://thestar.com.my

2. Click Here!

3. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

candy gram!!

hehe funky lookin shark

4. divott

divott Giant Squid

very cool matt. maybe its the next round of evolution. if thats the case , im gonna start growing gills. lol. who wants me in their tank? :)

5. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

How bizarre! Makes you wonder about whether its a mutation stemming from an insufficient gene pool, an environmental factor such as pollution or something else that would cause such a need for a further evolution.

6. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Mmmmmmm....drumsticks and seafood combined. Sounds good to me :)

7. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

8. Click Here!

9. Jm'sRSM

Jm'sRSM Fire Shrimp

thats funny. i was snorkling in cancun, and caught (with my hands) a fish that had a tail and 4 feet. dont know the name of if, although i found the exact same fish in a marine book once. at the time i had no idea what it was and shouldnt have been touching it as i was by myself and 1/4 mile of shore and in about 12 feet of water...

10. Jm'sRSM

Jm'sRSM Fire Shrimp

11. Jane Fury

Jane Fury Plankton

Muddy Mudskipper! :p

[​IMG]

12. Geoff

Geoff Teardrop Maxima Clam

lol,good one Jwin.
    Do I see a new and improved "Jaws" movie in the making? That thing just looks too weird.