Green Bars and Rep Power?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by GoToSleep, Aug 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Matt or anyone else who knows...

I've been curious for a while about the green bar / rep power system. I know that forum newbs start with 1 green block and eventually I've seen members get up to 5 light green and 6 dark green blocks. I've also noticed that if you hover over the green blocks that a caption will pop up such as "Amcarrig has a reputation beyond repute". On my own profile page I can see Rep Power followed by a number above these green bars. So the question is... how do these things relate. does each block represent a certain amount of rep power? Are rep power or green blocks tied just to the number of posts that a member has, the amount of Karma awarded, or are they awarded by the mods for posts that really contribute some meaningful knowldge to the forum?

2. Click Here!

3. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

The more Karma you get, the higher your number and the bigger your bar.

4. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Go to Sleep

your rep power increases along with the karma you recieve
    the karma you give is the number above the green bar

anyone who awards you karma is either thanking you for help or indicating a post you contributed was appreciated by them , even though the post was not directly related to them , other members and mods etc may see a post you contribute for someone else and award karma for that post

Steve

1 person likes this.
  5. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

I dont know why that struck me a so hilarious, but I guess I imagined you sitting on his bed and patting his head as you lull in a soft voice the story of how karma is made....lmao:zzzz:
    (Yes I know its his name, but thats not how it sounded)

2 people like this.
  6. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Swagger please believe me when I tell you I had to fight my natural instinct to type

Go To Sleep , but only if what you read is boring you

Steve

7. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Ahhhh, now I need to figure out a way to get that smilie tacked onto the end of my user id or maybe I should use the one of the guy with the hammer:zzzz::hammer:

8. Click Here!

9. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

LOL! Too funny.

GTS-
    There was a smiley I wish I still had from Smiley Central that had just a happy face snuggled in bed, that one would be Perfect.

10. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Basicly your "Rep Power" is how much Karma others recieve when you give it to them. For example, my "Rep Power" is 116. So if I gave someone karma, they would get 116 Karma points or whatever you want to call it.

I guess they think if someone with a higher rep power gives you karma, you must have done something good :D

1 person likes this.