First Impressions, Nikon D5100 (lots of new pictures)

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by norg., Dec 1, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Not totally sure where to post this. Just thought Id give a review of this camera. I got a really good deal on a D5100 package on black friday. Although it was out of my budget I couldnt pass it up. The image quality of this camera is insane. 16.2 megapixels. Thats double the other camera I have. I dont know what Im doing with most of the features yet, so shooting anything underwater has been difficult. Ill be spending alot of time learning the ins and outs of this camera so expect lots of pictures from me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a couple random shots. I took pictures of my dogs simply because they were something to shoot. lol The frag tank needs some serious cleaning before I take some more pictures of it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

Sweet purchase! congratz. cant wait to see some more

4. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Thanks! Im having alot of fun with it so far. Even though I hardly know what I am doing. Haha.

5. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Congrats on the purchase!! I bought a D3100 last month and still trying to learn how everything works lol. Pictures look good though did you get any other lens with it?

6. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Its incredible what these cameras can do. My best friend has a D3000 and she loves it to death. Im sure the 3100 is a step better though. Cant go wrong with Nikon products. The package came with an 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm lens. As well as an instructional DVD. I just watched most of the DVD and it is surprisingly very very helpful.

7. leighton1245

I need to find that DVD then lol i got a killer deal on mine so i wasnt worried about everything that came with it. I think to take pictures of coral im going to invest in a zoom and macro lens for mine.

8. Click Here!

9. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

You definitely will. Im going to invest in one as well. A tripod will be necessary too. To capture all the colors in their truest form you will need to slow down the shutter speed alot. Its way too easy to blur a shot when the shutter speed is that slow. I have a friend who is really into photography and works at a camera store. She is coming over later to help me figure this thing out. Woo hoo!

10. Myocyte

Myocyte Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I bought a D3100 last month also.

I have to say, the best thing you can do is purchase a good external flash. You wont believe how much this improves the shots you take indoors and out.

Good luck learning about it. :)

11. leighton1245

what flash did you go with?

12. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

Gotta love dlsr :) wish I used mine to its potential.