Anyone ever ordered coral from Petco online?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by JamieC77, Sep 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamieC77

JamieC77 Bristle Worm

Well the title says it all. I usually never buy livestock from their store here cause they seem to put fish together that can kill each other and are not very educated. However, I was looking for a good place to order some coral online and not cost an arm and a leg in shipping and their site says free shipping on $175 or more which is easy to do. Their web site has some good stuff as well. So I was wondering what everyone's experience has been. Thanks for the input. ~Jamie~

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

i wouldnt give petsmart $175 no matter how good the deals they have look. There are plenty of way better online retailers (Hint forum sponsors) that will get you what you need for great prices.

~Will.

4. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

it says petco not petsmart. But i wouldnt buy from petco either. Petsmart dosnt even sell any salt water

5. thrasher373

thrasher373 Astrea Snail

ive talked with ppl at petco at got to know a couple fairly well...they can get alot better prices than many of the LFS... ive never thought bout ordering online.. but i always ask them to order stuff and the day it comes in ill be there to check it out, once got "small assorted zoos" and got 400 polyps of the brightest green uve ever seen... and if i didnt like what cam in it wasnt a big deal for them to but it in their sales tanks and id try again the next week. their suppliers are no different than anyone else....they are just bigger so they can get better prices. i say go for it

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

7. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I also buy coral from eBay. I have used these sellers: reef_pets and reefs2go
    and would recommend both

8. Click Here!

9. thrasher373

thrasher373 Astrea Snail

no prob in buting from petco if u get it before it goes in the stores tanks.... but yes i do see everyones reason for concern with there skill in keeping fish in the
    store

10. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

I would not order from them just to send a message, I do buy some dry goods there and have talked to the employees. They no nothing about the SW stuff that they carry, and have told both managers at the stores here that I would never buy from them, and they need to get some trained employees if they want to do saltwater stuff. The had 2 nems in there reg tank, crappy lights, had it listed as a filter feeder and couldn't understand why they keep dieing in there tanks. So for the amount of livestock they kill I can not support there stores. Sorry

11. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

im with the above id never buy from them, dont trust that everything would be healthy, id rather spend more and deal with a place wiht a godo rep

12. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

And on a side note, one of them just got a frag tank and some corals. Great now they can start killing corals too. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.