Anyone buy off of Ebay? going to take the plunge...

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by {Nano}Reefer, Nov 17, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

well i have found my lights finally, after many hours of searching and deliberation i have found the t5's i want. but im rather leary of buying off of Ebay as my g/f got jipped on amazon, but it was resolved and she got her money back... but im still very hesitant. with the pay-pal i am even more nervous as ive never even used this. can anyone put my mind at ease.... has anyone ever been taken for a sucker on Ebay? or is it very safe and im just being a worry wart ;D

2. Click Here!

3. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

I sell on Ebay and buy on ebay. I have been taken only once but if you pay with paypal there is buyer protection. Meaning if you have a problem and cant resolve it the contacting the seller Paypal will protect you. I never buy from someone with less than 95% feedback though!

4. {Nano}Reefer

did you resolve your altercation?? and what was it about?

thanks for the tip! i think this guy has 100% possative, ive been talking with him for the past couple of hours(on the Ebay mail thingy) he seems fairly wealthy as his interests seem to be in rare scolys, now chalices and whatnot. i hope this works...:-/

5. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

I never resolved my problem because the guy closed his paypal account and his ebay account before I got my money back but he knew he was doing this because he screwed over someone else at the same time for the same thing. I was trying to purchase an over the tank filter for my FW. He has a rate of less than 10 so now I never deal with someone who has less than 75 if I am the buyer!

1 person likes this.
  6. {Nano}Reefer

thanks CM, your deffinately making me feel better :)

i am very anxious though! ive been wanting to switch back to t5's for a long time, just havnt had the guts...

7. ianaco70

ianaco70 Bristle Worm

I bought my lights and skimmer off of ebay. Usually look for someone with good feedback or has an ebay store dedicated to fish products. I used to use paypal all the time its just a safer way to complete transactions online. Also make sure to get shipping insurance if you are worried that the item might get damaged and check to see what the sellers return policy is....You can usually find really good deals on ebay

8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I've bought my lights, powerheads, and even a few corals off of e-bay. I have never had a problem. As said before, just make sure they have a good number of transactions under their belt and a high feedback score. I personally wont by from anyone under 98%

1 person likes this.
  10. {Nano}Reefer

i was waiting for your feedback as i know you are an avid ebay seller ;);) thanks pack!....or should i say....hint hint....lmao ;D

11. abraKADAV3R!

abraKADAV3R! Feather Duster

i bought my lights, and coral off ebay...never had a problem read the sellers feedback...dont be worried about paypal its really safe your personal info isn't shared with anyone...if u want coral contact Reef Goddess she has an online store and a ebay store and all the coral i got from her are healthy;D;D;D

12. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I have got about 6 frags from this guy and they have all been healthy and are still alive. I got a couple acans that I love.
    eBay My World - duane867