Nudi's on my zoos

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by JeridJohnson, Aug 2, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JeridJohnson

JeridJohnson Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

hello folks..

After an earlier ID on the Zooanthid eating Nudibranch I had in my tank I have been removing them anytime I have seen them.. However I think there are more that are much smaller..

I moved my zoos into a spot where I could see them better and have found many of the nudibranches on them. I suck them off with a turkey baster but it seems more surface the next day..

My zooz have been closed for over a month and I think the nudibranches may be the cause..

Can I do a freshwater dip with the zoo's and get thoes nudi's do drop off? If so a recommended procedure would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jerid

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

Jerid,
    Everything I have read on the subject is bad news. I read an article from a guy that said the only way he could could rid of them was to do a "warm" 125 degree fresh water dip for 45 seconds. Or a lugos iodine dip at 40 times the recommended dosage...

Jim

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  4. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

125 degree will kill it.

5. JeridJohnson

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I just did a 5 min, room temp, RODI Fresh water dip and they droped off.. Luckilly my zoo colony is mostly contained on a small frag.. and I only paid $9 for it.. a few polyps have propigated to larger rocks that would be hard to dip without impacting other corals. I'll keep an eye on the frag and see if I see any more nudies hanging around..

6. JeridJohnson

P.S. A vigorous shake in the water seemed to knockem loose..