Kole tang chillin' too much.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Froc3, Dec 2, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Hey guys, need a little help. Water is good, no ammonia, no nitrites, nitrates as close to 0 as they have ever been and my tang is being a lump. He sits behind a rock close the the back of the tank and leans on the rock. No labored breathing, no discoloration... nothing that would indicate being sick.. maybe just stress? I did do a water change yeseterday... he has been in there only 4-5 days... he has been eating seaweed that i put in there, nothing else really. When he is swimming (Which actually was quite a bit before) he swims up and down the back of the tank from one end all the way to the other with his nose up against the glass.. weird for tangs or not really? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

If eating, all is probably OK.

Just chillin, resting up after trauma of moves, and getting used to new surroundings I expect.

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

It could be the stress of the small tank.

Ctenochaetus are big time grazers. Mine will often not even come for food as he is too busy grazing on LR

J

5. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

When its face is against the tank it is probably just chasin its reflection, like mine does.

6. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Thanks guys... guess i'm just a little freaked out after the great november massacre in my tank :( Tang is back to normal and as skiddish as ever :p

7. msbdiving

msbdiving Astrea Snail

I agree with Jason. I had to pull mine out of quarantine early by two weeks because he was being stressed out too much in the small tank. What size tank is it in?

8. Click Here!

9. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

He is in a 40g, he seems to be fine now. He's lovin the blood worms and grazes on everything! It's nice... he seems to be cleaning up my brown algea problem... now i'm getting purple algea!

10. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

the recommended minimum tank size for a kole tang is 70 gallons. what other fish do you have?