heLp turtle in reef keeps making micro bubbles

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by bioreefdude, Jun 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

i took my skimmer out to clean it, i cleaned it good as possible then went to turn it back on and its foaming so much in the cc its spill over and i have the air valve open all the way plus thru the over flow im getting a bunch of micro bubbles anybody,there too much foam and microbubbles thru the skimmers overflow
    please help

2. Click Here!

3. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Yes, from time to time I have that problem. Two things I've done. I drilled a hole in the collection cup about 3/4 of the way up the size of air line tubing (slightly smaller so I have to work to get it in) and ran the tube back to the pre filter in the sump. The thing is foaming so much it is pretty much clean water going back in so I am not worried. You just let it run like that and put up with the micro bubbles for say an hour then turn it off and let it sit for an hour or more and try again. The other thing I,Ive tried and like better is when you see it start to over produce, turn it off and let it sit for 1/2- 1 hour and turn it back on, if it starts to over produce turn it off and leave for another hour or so. It always settles back in, it is just aggravating.

1 person likes this.
  4. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

ill try that thanks K+