euphillia help!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by BluePhish, Sep 29, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

so the past week my frogspawn has looked like crap, but only one side. it has about 6-8 heads and one half of the heads is fine but half has been closed up for a while and the flesh under the head that runs down the skeleton has seemed to be retracted leaving more white skeleton behind. its always splitting and its been growing like mad so i just figured it was doing it thing and will open soon. it just seems closed up for a lil to long.

the side effected is right next to a torch coral. both euphillia.

i was pretty sure all euphilia can be placed close with no aggression . but ive recently came across some reading that this is true for all except the torch. any of the gurus got any input......?

all the sps and softies look great.
    parims right on

2. Click Here!

3. BluePhish

damn now im pulling up tons of info about torch corals stinging the heck out of frogspawns , ive looked up so many pages when i moved it over by the torch like 4 months ago and never found this stuff lol. wierd it took 4 months for it to really start doing damage. hopefully the frogspawn makes it cause it was my first coral and about a year old. and is really big. with pink and green tips. :cry: at least ill still have half of the colony if the other dies.

4. PDCCO

PDCCO Feather Duster

The torch coral has "sweepers" that can extend out a bit from the coral, I believe this mostly happens at night, I always have quite a bit of room between my LPS corals of this type.

5. BluePhish

im aware of the sweepers , but torch, forgspawn,hammer,cristata,ect...are all euphyllia and i thought that all euphyllia could co exist(touching tentacles), guess its just the divisa and ancora, and that they dont really coexist these 2 will just tolerate each other more., but i guess as it turns out the torch is not as tollerable well they did for 4 months but i guess the torch had enough.

thanxs

6. BluePhish

anyone else know of euphyllia stinging euphyllia....anyone

7. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i don't know but about it but my advice is move one or the other farther away.

8. Click Here!

9. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

im pretty sure you can put a bunch of frogspawns together with no problem, i think its when you try to put an unfamiliar "guy" in there like torch or somethin that the warfare goes on.

10. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

All varieties of euphyllia can be kept in close proximity to one another without worry.

11. BluePhish

thats what i thought but ive read other articles saying this is true for the divisa and ancora euphillia. but the torch can hurt both.

im not really sure what going on anymore. and the heads closest to the torch are the only ones to show a health decline. along with the tentacles of the torch on that side seem to curl up a lil bit like they are trying to stay away from each other.

today i noticed the unhappy heads spewing out red stuff
    (assuming its zooalgae):-/. the heads still have color and open somewhat for like half the day.

i also noticed a small spot on my pocilliapora bleached with about 5 missing polyps, today outta nowhere.

besides them 2 corals, birdsnest, purple tip hammer, torch,duncans, candy, zenia, leathers, everything else looks good. even the lil hitchiker acro looks great with its polyps fully out.

this frogspawn has always been really picky, for some reason.

please any help reefsparky would be appreciated.

12. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

As far as im aware the above statement is true