BROWN JELLY Favia!?!?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by caliwavsurfer, Apr 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. caliwavsurfer

caliwavsurfer Astrea Snail

I have recently lost a bunch of zooanthids and duncans to brwon jelly disease. My favia is also showing syptoms (the're no longer opening up and slowly turning brown)....also they have bubbles coming off of them and something that looks like cyanobacteria. When I syphon it off, I can see that part of the coral underneath has been eaten away. Is there anything I can do? All corals except for the duncan were from the same store.

2. Click Here!

3. dees reef

dees reef Feather Duster

Their are some coral dips out there that may help. how old is your tank? what are your parms? If you think you have cyno, you need to fix that also. Any one else have suggestions?

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Siphon off the jelly as it forms. Treat the coral's in an iodine bath and dose vitamin C into your tank. The details of BJD and treatment are here.
    Corals - Bacterial

5. yvr

yvr Skunk Shrimp

If you see any brown jelly ie. necrotic tissue, you can use airline tubing to siphon off the dead/necrotic tissue and giving the coral a bath with an Iodine solution like TM Pro Coral Cure or similar product is likely the best way to treat the problem as the iodine will act as an antiseptic and hopefully kill prevent the spread of the tissue necrosis