Blue Face Angel

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Ioannis, Jan 25, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ioannis

Ioannis Astrea Snail

Hello
    Three days ago I bought a Blue Face Angel 6-7’ and I put it in a quarantine tank. I have tried to feet it but it does not accept food. I tried Formula 1 & 2, Frozen food. Is any one that can help me?

2. Click Here!

3. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I have read that these fish are sometimes hard to get to eat at first ( a little shy at first they say) :-[ :-/
    Can I ask what size tank you are going to put him in? the minimum recommended size is 100 gallon
    and also what type i.e.. fish only or a reef tank? as they are not a reef safe fish.

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Sorry I don't think I answered your question :-[ try putting some Nori or some other dark green leafy vegetable on a vegi clip and place it in the tank and let it graze on it also keep the lighting kind of low on the tank. this is what I would do :) but if anybody else as a different suggestion feel free As I am not a expert on the subject by any means ;) ;D ;D

5. Ioannis

Ioannis Astrea Snail

Thanks fletch for the reply,I will try it.The quarantine tank is 50 G but later i will put it in a 100 G only fish tank

6. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Very Beautiful! :D

I hope she eats soon for you!!! ::)

7. Ioannis

Ioannis Astrea Snail

Thanks birdlady.

I hope to.

8. Click Here!

9. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Yes they are a beautiful fish I wish they were reef safe ;D Good luck ................ John

10. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

Well.....at that size they generally give problems untill they are acclimated if they do so. I would highly recomend trying to get it to eat a frozen food containing sponge. If they do not have this in thier diet at that size they will normally slowly degrade. I would take ALL food material out for a day, fuzzy LR, any algaes, ect. and then introduce some of the food you want it to eat after 24 hours....if it doesnt eat rty breaking the food into different sizes. I always get the big angels i am FORCED to order on brine and angel formula the easiest on the rare occasion they stay in the store long enough (also the best lgn trm). CR angels are great reef inhabitants if the tank is stocked right and they are raised from about 2" in a reef system....this is normally impossible but i have conditioned 3 sucessfully for customers over the last 2.5 years. Yours would likley decimate all inverts... ;). Get him on highly nutritious frozen/fresh sea food asap as i doubnt he was fed at the store.......maybe not even the distribuor.....meaning he may not of eaten in over a week-2. If there are alternate food sources he may curb his appetite with them abit....he may be eating it but it wont sustain him so take everything "food" like out to condition him to eat "proper foods" . I would go for some frozen foods geared towards angels, if that fails try brine. They like to eat very small pieces at first but one they recognize food they usually eat without discreation.....but most never eat right at that age. Hopefully that is not the case with that gorgeous animal. If he is breathing normal, fully colored, and not emaciated...(look at him head on, the sides should bulge out noticably wider the the head) then he should be good for at least a few days before you styart trying random foods.

11. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Thanks Sea ;) ;D As I stated I am no expert on Angles the only one I have ever owned was years ago it was a French Angle and he used to eat out of my hand ;D .................  John

12. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

My juv. imperator does that too, they are very responsive to people once they settle in.