ad-button

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Astrea Snail

Skin: Mint
wpmcgree is catching on

gallery
Exclamation Anemone Shrunk?? Dieing?

Hey i came home from running errands and my anemone has significantly shrunk in size. Is he dieing? I tested the water and it seems to be fine. Is this usual for an anemone to do? Pictures of it are on my profile.
wpmcgree is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!
Old 11-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #2
Skunk Shrimp

Scubagator87 will become famous soon enoughScubagator87 will become famous soon enoughScubagator87 will become famous soon enough

gallery

How old is your tank? and what's the wattage on your lighting (although the T5's look pretty good).

Anemones shrink into themselves when they are stressed; mine does weird stuff all the time but it usually opens back up. Just wait and see if it changes or persists.

I also noticed you have a flame angel in the tank with it? I didn't think they were reef safe; it may be pecking at the anemone and stressing it.
Scubagator87 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
Astrea Snail

wpmcgree is catching on

gallery

Its funny you said that because my flame angle jumped out of my tank the other day so he is no longer with me lol. Why would he be stressed out? he was fine this morning.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
Skunk Shrimp

Scubagator87 will become famous soon enoughScubagator87 will become famous soon enoughScubagator87 will become famous soon enough

gallery

idk; mine gets stressed from my shrimp walking all over him. They are also sensitive to changes in water temp, salinity, lighting etc. Which is why I asked about the tank's age. They tend to do better in well established systems of about a year or older (although I lucked out with mine i think). How is the coloring?

Also if it opens back up, see if it will accept a silverside (and if the tentacles still have their stick). Anemones tend to fluctuate in size occasionally so its probably not a big deal.

Just keep a close eye on it and update us on any changes
Scubagator87 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
Astrea Snail

wpmcgree is catching on

gallery

Yea he still has his stick. the tank is well established too. im just worried because i have never seen him this small before. i did add some ph buffer to the tank today to try and raise the ph a bit. i don't know if that would do it though. his color is from the looks still good. but i will keep you updated on him. Nemo is trying to lay in him and he is now bigger than his host lol.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:48 AM   #6
Purple Spiny Lobster

m_hsiao has a reputation beyond reputem_hsiao has a reputation beyond reputem_hsiao has a reputation beyond reputem_hsiao has a reputation beyond reputem_hsiao has a reputation beyond reputem_hsiao has a reputation beyond reputem_hsiao has a reputation beyond reputem_hsiao has a reputation beyond reputem_hsiao has a reputation beyond reputem_hsiao has a reputation beyond reputem_hsiao has a reputation beyond repute

gallery

happens to mine once every few days, it's fine, it'll just open back up nicely hopefully if your water parameters are to par and not too big of a change in some water temps or conditions
m_hsiao is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-09-2008, 04:28 AM   #7
Coral Banded Shrimp

getinpora is a splendid one to beholdgetinpora is a splendid one to beholdgetinpora is a splendid one to beholdgetinpora is a splendid one to beholdgetinpora is a splendid one to beholdgetinpora is a splendid one to beholdgetinpora is a splendid one to behold

gallery

How long have you had it?
getinpora is offline   Reply With Quote Top

Click Here!