Coralife Marine Tank Clarifier for algae problems??

Discussion in 'Algae' started by thorvald8, Aug 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. thorvald8

thorvald8 Astrea Snail

Has anyone tried this product specifically to address algae problems? The owner of a saltwater fish store recommended me this product to address the algae problems (new tank - yellow/green/brown film on glass). He said it was safe and has been doing it for 20 years so I was seeing if anyone else has tried it? Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

There's a number of flocculants on the market from different companies but they are best suited for picking up particulate matter floating around in the water column. I can't see them doing a whole lot against any algaes on the glass.

4. twister2

twister2 Plankton

Yes, I have been using Coralife for a very long time and it works very well.
    By the way, Coralife Marine Tank Clarifier is no longer mfr'd. Do you know where and how I can purchase it, either 64 fl oz or a gallon container?
    I'm from Hawaii (ZIP 96701) and the shipping costs are very high. Keep shipping costs low or reasonable when you do suggest an outlet to me.
    Aloha, Twister2

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Have you tried Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Marine Algaefix? That might be available in Hawaii.